Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mason Pearson Boar Bristle & Nylon Hair Brush Review

Mason Pearson is to brushes what Birkin is to handbags - ultimate, timeless luxury. Katherine Heigl, Marcia Cross, Anna Friel, Brooke Sheilds, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Jennifer Garner are just a few of the Hollywood celebrities who have enjoyed the "Birkin" touch on their gorgeous mane.

Growing up, I heard of this legendary brush, and have always wanted one. But on my $10/week allowance, this was an idea I dare not entertain. So when I finally started working, I scrimped and saved my tiny internship salary and did the once unthinkable: I bought a Mason Pearson Boar Bristle & Nylon Hair Brush! Now I finally have something in common with Victoria "Posh" Beckham. We both swear by our MP Brush! Although, I secretly wished we shared her husband, David Beckham, instead :)

Mason Pearson brushes are all handmade from pure boar bristle and you can definitely feel the difference when brushing your hair. I have never achieved such perfect blow-outs. The ends of my hair are smooth, straight and shiny; even strangers compliment how glossy my hair looks!

The best part? 6 years later, my brush is still going strong. I reasoned with many people that if I had amortized this brush, it would have paid for itself many times over, considering my old brushes never lasted more than a few months (note, blow-drying is my life!) And you wonder why this brush is a regular on the InStyle Best of Beauty Buys?

If you can afford it, why wait, go to Drugstore.com and start experiencing the smoothest, most voluminous or straightest blow-out you can every imagine. Mason Pearson Boar Bristle & Nylon Hairbrush, $126.

1 comment:

Synthetic wigs said...

hi.. i like it.. its wonderful.