Here are a few tips to achieve that flawless complexion:
1. Never go to bed with makeup. Everyone knows this but some people still do it! Those models, see previous posts, swear by this no matter how tired they are, they never go to bed with makeup. Your skin needs to breath to regenerate itself overnight. Leaving makeup on clogs your pores and that is how those pesky pimples breed.
2. Drink water! Some say 8 glasses a day; some say half a gallon. Whatever it is, your body consists of 75% water so make sure you replenish any lost moisture. Drinking enough water also aids the body flush out waste and toxin. If you can substitute one of those glasses with green tea - even better as green tea is full of anti-oxidants.
3. Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin, unclog pores, reduce the appearance of pigmentation/wrinkles, and aid in the absorption of moisturizers.
4. Use a mask suitable for your skin type once a week. Exfoliating prior to mask application will allow for deeper penetration beneath the skin surface to thoroughly clean your pores and bring your skin back into balance. If you are short on cash, try out the famous aspirin mask. Crush 3-4 aspirin (uncoated) pills, mix a few drops of water to disintegrate the aspirin, then add a tablespoon of honey. Aspirin contains beta hydroxy acid. It helps dry out blemishes, decreases skin's oil production, and exfoliates the skin at the same time.
5. Get enough sleep. Sounds simple, but when I dont, I noticed my skin looked flaky and breakouts are more frequent. That is why I always shoot for at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
Hope it helps!
Yves Saint Laurent - Downtown Bag
8 years ago