Saturday, August 9, 2008

Laura Mercier Eye Basics Review


I love almost all things Laura Mercier so when I was given a sample of the Eye Basics from her collection I was elated! This eye primer is advertised as not only water-resistant but also crease-proof and is formulated with aloe vera, chamomile, and many botanical extracts to moisturize the eyelid while providing a canvas for makeup to grip onto.

Do we have a challenger to Urban Decay's Primer Potion? Sadly, it is not even close. The Eye Basics is a cream-based primer that goes on to create a matte finish. The texture is hard to work with and does not blend seamlessly onto my eyelid. It left me with an inconsistent wash of color and varying results. The verdict: stick to Urban Decay's Primer Potion and only try Eye Basics if you are given a sample, and spend the $22 on a MAC Paint.

No comments: