Saturday, July 26, 2008

Laura Mercier Pressed Powder Review


I have combination skin and have been addicted to buying all the pressed powder I can get my hands on, to find the best possible. Along the way, I have also encountered a few that I would not recommend to anyone. Laura Mercier's Translucent Pressed Powder is one of them, though Molly Sims love it. I was very excited to try this product because Laura Mercier is known for her amazing line of foundations, concealers, powders, etc - everything you need to achieve the perfect flawless face for your makeup application.

I bought this because I am a fan of her Translucent Loose Setting Powder, which contains absolutely no pigment and is made from pure talc, thinking I could get the same results on the go and in a more user friendly format.

Unless you plan to carry around a big fluffy brush to powder yourself with the Translucent Pressed Powder, you are stuck with the sponge. I made one of my few - I would like to think - beauty faux pas when I blotted myself lightly using the provided sponge without looking at the mirror. I was horrified when I went to the bathroom half an hour later to find some white powder streaks on my face! Imagine my horror. I was thankful it only took me half an hour before I checked myself in the mirror and since then, I never powder without looking at the mirror.

In spite of this, it did keep my T-zone matte throughout the day. Do not get me wrong, I still love Laura Mercier, but I just would not buy or recommend this product unless you plan on using a brush with it, and in that case, it works great. For my purpose, I wanted a pressed powder on the go, that I can blot as needed and not worry about visible streaks on my face.

If you still want to buy it, you can find it at Sephora.com for $30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO!! THIS IS LIKE A PRESSED BABY POWDER! DO NOT USE!!! GROSSSSSSS